Recipe for Disaster ...
To make Toad in a Hole you’ll need:
2 tsp Chopped Rosemary or Thyme (your choice)
4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
½ Pint Milk
1 Large Egg
110g Plain Flour
8 Pork Sausages
4 tsp Vegetable Oil
4 tsp heaped with Bisto Gravy Powder
A Pinch Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- A teaspoonful of vegetable oil and 2 sausages into each of 4 individual metal baking dishes. Bake for 6 - 7 minutes while making the batter.
- Combine the flour, egg and milk into a large mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter. Add the spring onions and Rosemary or Thyme.
- Ladle the batter into the piping-hot baking tins. For best results return them to the oven as quick as possible. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the batter is puffed-up and golden brown.
- The gravy: sprinkle the Bisto Gravy Powder into a jug, add 280ml boiling water, stir until thick and smooth.
- Ta Da! Toad in a ... What’s happened to the boys?